When Covid-19 came in and swept the world, every individual was hit hard financially, mentally, and physically. The world stopped and everything we knew and loved was put on hold. How did we cope with this enormous amount of stress and fear? Well, according to Kaiser Family Foundation, our coping methods were non-existent. It was reported that “during the pandemic, about 4 in 10 adults in the U.S. have reported symptoms of anxiety or depressive disorder, a share that has been largely consistent, up from one in ten adults who reported these symptoms from January to June 2019.”
Now it is seventeen months later, and although the world is coming back together, we still face stress, uncertainty, and a little fear as the CDC reports more cases and a new strain, The Delta Variant. Having a healthy peace of mind is important and needed in order to function in society. I’ve helped you achieve that by outlining three proven techniques to help you practice Self-care Sunday every day of the week.
1. Self-Care Journals
Self-care journals are a wonderful way to start and keep your sanity intact during the week. They offer you a personal outlet to talk about your emotions on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Use the links below to find your next or first self-care journal.
- Self-Love Workbook for Women
- Burn After Writing
- Soul Therapy
- Blank Journal: This is my all time favorite. You just get to free-write about any and everything. A blank journal can be bought anywhere journals are sold.
2. Pampering Day
The name says it all. Pamper yourself. Day-to-day life stresses put a heavy strain on our bodies and minds, so much that we need a day to show it love and affection. Pampering is subjective so I have outlined ways you can pamper yourself.
- Binge watch a new or favorite TV series. Grab those snacks and a place on the couch or bed and RELAX.
- Dinner Date. You can bring along a friend or go solo. Solo dates are a fun experience. You get dressed up and get to enjoy your own company.
- Gym Or Spa/Pedicure Day. Sweat that body out and feel the burn or lounge on a massage chair and get the royal treatment for your feet.
- Day trip. Drive to another city, blast the music, and enjoy the scenery as you visit family, friends, or just need to feel the earth.
3. Creative Hobby
Bring out that creative side you’ve been hiding. We all have things we love to do creatively. We might not be exceptional at it, but it makes us smile and it brings along good vibes. On the off-chance you do not already have a creative hobby or are looking to learn a new one, find inspiration with these ideas below.
- Blogging. Start one about anything that interests you.
- Photography. Grab that camera or iPhone and get to snapping.
- Reading/Audible. Discover a new author or a newfound love of reading.
- Paint/Tie-Dye. Change those plain shirts into masterpieces.
- Cooking. Learn a new dish or learn how to make that favorite dish you always order.
In sum, these tips have brought unbelievable joy into my life. The focus needs to be on enjoying our everyday experiences, not taking life too seriously. While Covid-19 took a lot, we can take back our peace of mind by putting our mental health first. The tips above are your starting point. I wish you the best.
How you will Self-Care Sunday every day of the week? Let us know in the comments below.
This article originally published on GREY Journal.