Sunflowers are bright, bold, and a source of joy for many. Their seeds and oils are used in a variety of products for their health benefits. GREY uses sunflower seed oil in our HYDRATE | Men’s Deep Hydrating Night Cream and here’s why:
- Anti-Inflammatory Action. Sunflower seeds have been shown to reduce inflammation largely due to the fact that they’re packed with vitamin E.
- Magnificent Melanin. Sunflower seeds contain copper, which is actually essential to the production of melanin. Melanin is a pigment that gives our skin its color and helps prevent damage from ultraviolet radiation.
- Reverse Wrinkles. The presence of vitamin E within sunflower seeds also aids in the reduction of wrinkles and scars. By minimizing signs of aging sunflower seeds give skin a more youthful look.
- Soothing the Sun. Sunflower seeds contain beta-carotene and other antioxidants that are particularly good at preventing and repairing the damage done to the skin by the sun.
- Super Smooth. The oils contained in sunflower seeds are rich in essential fatty acids (linoleic, oleic, palmitic and stearic acids). These fatty acid are essential for the creation of collagen and elastin. By doing this it makes sure your skin retains its soft and smooth qualities.
- Anti Acne. The fatty acids in sunflower seeds are also used in the reduction of acne. Due to their antibacterial properties, the frequency of breakouts is lowered.
- Hyper Hydration. Sunflower seed oil aids in the retention of moisture in the skin. This makes sure your skin doesn’t get dried out easily.
What do you think of sunflowers in skincare? Let us know in the comments below or on social media!