With the huge number of cocktails out in the world, it’s not surprising that a few fall through the cracks. There are hidden gems in those lost cocktails, delicious drinks that everybody would probably enjoy. This week we’re focusing on The Blinker.
The recipe for this drink was first printed in 1934 and is a solid go-to for anyone who likes vintage cocktails. It may seem a little strange on paper, but trust us, it’s pleasing to the palette. Obviously, modern changes and tweaks have been made during its resurgence, so it’s not a drink immune to change.
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- 3 ounces grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce grenadine
- A bit of grapefruit zest (for garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add all ingredients except for the garnish
- Shake for about 15 seconds
- Strain into a chilled coupe
- Pinch each end of the grapefruit zest and twist
- Place grapefruit zest as garnish
What do you think of the Blinker? Let us know on social media or in the comments!