Listen to this article now
A streetwear ambassador is someone who a company chooses to act as the face of a brand. They are considered the “task-maker” among their communities, and rely on pre-existing networks and relationships to market the brand. These tactics include sharing posts on social media, networking with other companies and maintaining engagement with the brand. Additionally, a streetwear brand ambassador will represent his/her company at various events.
The brand ambassador might perform product demonstrations, story take-overs or host give-aways of certain products. Brand ambassadors should be very enthusiastic about what they’re promoting and have high-traction social media accounts. He/she must be familiar with the brand being presented. Brand ambassadors play a crucial role in the evolution of a company and the public perception to rise to a certain group of people.
A Brand Ambassador’s Education And Skill Level
The typical education level required for a brand ambassador is a high school diploma. Some job postings will ask for an associate or bachelor’s degree as well. Occasionally, brands hire young adults who are already in school pursuing a degree. Experience is often more important than the level of education an applicant has.
With some social media or ambassador experience, or even just an extensive familiarity with a brand, an applicant is more likely to be hired. An ambassador should have a naturally friendly and charismatic personality, a strong social media following, and a flexible schedule.
What Are The Benefits of Being a Streetwear Brand Ambassador?
The benefits of being a streetwear brand ambassador come at many. You can learn marketing and sales, meet and network with more people, and build business communication and experience.
- Familiarize Yourself With Marketing And Sales Basics: When people hear the word “streetwear,” this usually isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. When you become a brand ambassador you gain in-depth knowledge about what marketing is and how it can be used to sell products. This will serve as a major tool in the long run.
- Meet And Network With More People: People are essential to a brand ambassador. Be friendly and talk about ideas that can possibly be used to create your own business in the future.
- Earn Money: Of course, everyone likes this part. As a streetwear ambassador, you can earn up to $470 a week. Companies are willing to pay you larger sums just to attract more people to the business.
- Build Business Communication and Experience: As a streetwear ambassador, open communication can produce a lot of expertise. With this expertise comes better ideas to use to make your own business or product.
- Gain A Following On Social Media: Being a streetwear ambassador means people know your name – and your Instagram handle! As you start to gain a following people will take a liking to you and the brands you support. Being a brand ambassador puts you in the empowering position of becoming the face of a brand you care about.
Come And Join Us!
GREY is always looking for enthusiastic and creative individuals to expand their team. If you are interested in becoming a brand ambassador for GREY, follow us on @discoverGREYstyle and fill out the form here!
This article originally published on GREY Journal.