Do you have a business idea or product that needs funding? Do you want to learn how startup funding works, what you need to do before trying to raise funding, and where you can go to get it? Then join us for this fundraising panel, which will provide practical, step by step advice, and feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses, and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more. Join us for a great event! Light food will be provided. Sponsored by Founder Institute Chicago, TechNexus, MB Real Estate, and MWC Accounting.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their startup
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
What are some of the Topics?
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a “fundable” company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
- and more…
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Talks from Entrepreneurs who have raised capital, and Investors who fund startups
- Question and Answer
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Discussion and Networking
- Jackie DiMonte, Hyde Park Venture Partners
- Andrew Loulousis, TechNexus
- Jeff Maters, Network Ventures
- Suzanne Reade, Chicago Arch Angels
- Mark Reitsma, Heartland Angels