About this Event
Planning is the most critical factor in any successful website project – without a detailed plan and strong understanding of what you need to accomplish your business goals, you can wind up wasting effort, money and countless hours, something no entrepreneur or small business owner can afford.
In this webinar our presenters will walk you through what you will need to consider, create and resource in order to build a professional online presence that expresses who you are and supports your business success.
Early Stage Planning
- Define the purpose of your website / needs assessment
- Lock down your domains and accounts
- Build user/buyer personas
- Do your competitor research
- Goal setting for success
- Work through your core branding, tone, messaging
Nailing the Foundations:
- Identify website features: must-haves vs. good to have
- Create a content inventory and sitemap
- Plan your marketing integrations (Analytics, Hubspot, etc.)
- Address mobile and accessibility
- Define a SEO strategy
Doing the Work: Writing, Design, Website Development
DIY vs. Outsourcing: what can you do and what should you do?
- DIY considerations: choosing a CMS or site builder; content writing; quality visuals; upkeep
- Professional considerations: budgeting your build; sourcing and vetting professional help; determining the right platform; ongoing maintenance
- Website security
- Website QA
- Launch checklist
- Bonus tips: gotchas to watch out for during the process - hidden costs; scalability; ownership; privacy concerns & more
Join us Getting and Growing Your Website’s Traffic: The Basics on January 28th!
- Julianna Horvat, Marketing Manager, Webnames.ca
- Karthik Balachander, Marketing Manager, Webnames.ca
Register for free today!
By registering to attend this event you are authorizing us to share your contact information with our event partners.
This program is only open to Alberta entrepreneurs and small business owners and businesses operating in Alberta.
This program may be recorded.